Join Andrea Creel, Founder of Shining Kids Yoga and co-facilitator Amy Morrison of Shining Kids Yoga to gain practical tools (activities and games) that can be utilized in online yoga classes for children ages 5-10 years old.
By participating in this 2 hr workshop you’ll:
- Learn and practice 7 yoga games that can be successfully used in online yoga classes for kids
- Learn how to “age up” and “age down” the games to meet the needs and abilities of different age groups
- Receive guidance on how to adapt your favorite in-person yoga activities to an online format Plus!
- Receive a handout with written instructions on how to play these games in their online classes as well as downloadable content and accessories to use during your classes.
By the end of this workshop you’ll be able to:
- Confidently teach multiple yoga games/activities that are successful in an online learning environment
- Understand how to integrate functions in Zoom (chat, thumbs up, mute/unmute, spotlight) to enhance activities when teaching online
- Adapt their own favorite in-person class activities for an online format you will leave this workshop with enough activities to fill multiple yoga classes and a deeper understanding of how to adapt your favorite class activities to work in an online format
Who should take this workshop? Children’s yoga teachers who need ideas/guidance on activities that work well online
Bonus Material: Written Instructions for how to play each game + content and accessories to use during your classes
About Andrea Creel
Andrea Creel is the founder of Shining Kids Yoga, an after-school yoga program for children based in Maryland. She has been teaching yoga to adults and children since 2005, and has taught hundreds of children throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area as well as via online platforms. She is the creator and facilitator of the Shining Kids Yoga Teacher Training & Apprenticeship Program and also serves on the teacher training faculty at extendYoga in Rockville, MD. She received her training in kids yoga from Radiant Child Yoga (Shakta Kaur Khalsa), Yoga4Teens, BabyOM, and Street Yoga. From 2010-2012, Andrea was also the founder and lead singer of DC’s all-female kirtan band, The Shaktis. Andrea has been a guest lecturer on the topic of yoga & mind-body medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), as well as an invited presenter at the Association of Standardized Patient Educators National Conference on the topic of mind-body practices. In addition to her career as a yoga educator, Andrea is also a Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LMSW), having received her MSW degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
She lives in Rockville, MD with her family and her persnickety black cat, Persephone.
About Amy Morrison
After 15 years doing print graphic Amy Morrison had young twin daughters and wanted more flexibility and less stress in her life, so she decided to take RYT-200 teacher training with YogaFit International. She followed that up with trainings focused specifically on children’s yoga offered by YoKid and Move with Me Yoga Adventures. Amy has been teaching children’s yoga since2012 and has been teaching preschool and elementary aged children for Maryland-based Shining Kids Yoga since 2017.
As Covid took kids yoga online, she’s used her background in graphic design to come up with games and activities that translate well to online yoga fun for kids.
In her free time, Amy likes to paddleboard, hike and just enjoy time outdoors with her dog and two daughters.